Position Title: RN Supervisor
Schedules Available: Per Diem, Weekends
- Keeps the Nursing Administration informed of all the activities of the Nursing Department on his/her tour of duty including the condition and status of each resident and personnel matters through the 24 hour nursing report and verbal communication as appropriate..
- Participates in developing and maintaining nursing service objectives, standards of practice, and nursing procedure.
- Makes periodic rounds to all Nursing Units, on a daily basis, including: observation of delivery of nursing care, resident response to care, resident condition, and review of documentation and discussion of resident occurrences and staff issues with the Charge Nurse.
- Oversees resident care to promote quality of service.
- Supervises and counsels all levels of nursing personnel.
- Recommends disciplinary action and/ or termination of employees when necessary.
- Offers guidance to professional staff in the areas of care planning, nursing intervention, and nursing management.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current New York State license to practice professional nursing.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuing education and professional development.
- Five years of previous clinical experience is preferred, including one year of nursing management.
- Clinical competence and innovative concern in the area of geriatric nursing.
- Evidence of leadership and creativity, integrity, initiative, and communication skills.
- CPR Certification.