Position Title: Activities Director
Schedules Available: Monday-Friday with additional times/days as needed for department coverage
- Manage the day to day operation of the Therapeutic Recreation/ Activities Department. Manage and direct all department staff.
- Ensure staff is in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement volunteer services.
- Develop Monthly Calendar of programs to encourage cognitive, physical and affective stimulation and maintenance of current recreational levels and skills.
- Coordinate programs with resident schedules of other services.
- Develop and review department’s policies and procedures
- Develop and research quality assurance issues and report results monthly to QA.
- Additional duties/responsibilities as identified in job description.
An activity director is responsible for directing the development, implementation, supervision and ongoing evaluation of the activities program. This includes the completion and/or directing/delegating the completion of the activities component of the comprehensive assessment; and contributing to and/or directing/delegating the contribution to the comprehensive care plan goals and approaches that are individualized to match the skills, abilities, and interests/preferences of each resident.
Directing the activity program includes scheduling of activities, both individual and groups, implementing and/or delegating the implementation of the programs, monitoring the response and/or reviewing/evaluating the response to the programs to determine if the activities meet the assessed needs of the resident, and making revisions as necessary.
- Qualified therapeutic recreational specialist, or who is eligible for certification by a recognized accrediting body on or after October 1, 1990; or
- Has two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, 1 of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or
- Qualified Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant; or
- Has completed a training course approved by the State of New York.
- Associate’s Degree in Health or Human Services Field, Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Human Services, Psychology , Therapeutic Recreation or related field preferred